Due to popular demand we now stock 2205 Duplex Plate!
Going forward we will consistently carry 2205 Duplex on our floor. This is to better suit your needs as we consistently strive to improve service and shorten lead times for our entire customer base. This will also allow for a lower price per pound on smaller orders as well, as we do not need to buy to suit anymore.
We now stock the following thicknesses:
- 3/16″ 2205
- 1/4″ 2205
- 3/8″ 2205
- 1/2″ 2205
Per Rolled Alloys:
2205 is a duplex (austenitic-ferritic) stainless steel containing about 40 – 50% ferrite in the annealed condition. 2205 has been a practical solution to chloride stress corrosion cracking problems experienced with 304/304L or 316/316L stainless. The high chromium, molybdenum and nitrogen contents provide corrosion resistance superior to 316/316L and 317L stainless in most environments. 2205 is not suggested for operating temperatures above 600°F.
The design strength of 2205 is significantly higher than 316/316L, often permitting lighter wall construction. 2205 has good notch impact toughness down to temperatures below – 40°F. 2205 is welded with E2209 or ER2209 fillers.
- High resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking
- Chloride pitting and crevice corrosion resistance superior to 317L stainless
- Good general corrosion resistance
- High strength
- Good sulfide stress corrosion resistance
- Useful up to 600°F
- Chemical process vessels, piping, and heat exchangers
- FGD scrubber systems
- Pulp mill digesters, bleach washers, chip presteaming vessels
- Food process equipment
- Oil field piping, heat exchangers